TATTOO AFTERCARE SUGGESTIONS
1. Remove bandage in 4-8 hours. DO NOT re-bandage.
2. With clean hands, wash your tattoo thoroughly using a mild anti-bacterial
soap (such as Dial gold or Dr Bronner’s non-scented castile soap) and
DO NOT use a washcloth, loofa, pumice, sandstone, emery, calcite, vibranium or any
other abrasive material naturally occurring or otherwise.
3. Gently pat dry with a clean towel.
4. Apply a thin layer of a mild UNSCENTED lotion (i.e. Cetaphil,
Lubriderm, Aveeno, Aquaphor etc.)
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 two or three times a day for the first 5 days
after receiving your tattoo. Continue to keep clean and moisturized until
skin returns to normal.
During the initial healing period:
DO NOT soak or submerge your tattoo (i.e. swimming pools, hot tubs, lakes, baths, etc.)
Showering as normal is fine.
NO direct sunlight until your tattoo is fully healed.
DO NOT touch your fresh tattoo unless you just washed your hands!
Things to note:
Your tattoo will peel, itch and sometimes scab. This is normal but DO NOT SCRATCH your tattoo and DO NOT PICK THE SCABS!
Pet hair and dander can affect how your tattoo heals. If you have pets that sleep in your bed be sure to change your sheets.
DO NOT wear anything that will rub on or constrict the tattoo.
DO NOT listen to ANYONE EXCEPT YOUR ARTIST about how to heal your tattoo.
If you have any questions regarding your new tattoo please feel free to contact the shop.